Role: Digital Analyst
Location: New York
Our Strategic Analytics group applies analytic rigor, data-driven and fact-based reasoning to guide the development and execution of advertising and marketing strategies for clients. Specifically, we adopt statistical modeling methodologies and performance insight techniques to maximize the ROI of marketing and advertising across offline and digital channels. We seek entrepreneurial individuals with a background in business and marketing performance analysis and a passion for translating data into actionable insight.
The Digital Analyst will assist in the development of data-driven marketing insight and optimization across multiple client engagements. This role will be exposed to online display advertising, search marketing, social media, site analytics, consumer insights, brand equity analytics, and market/audience segmentation.
Primary responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Work efficiently with clients and analytics partners to define, extract, and synthesize available data and share results and insight with Mullen team members
- Glean actionable insights to support in-market campaign optimization
- Analyze scenarios to assess the before/after impacts of target market selection, media choice and allocation on client's business performance
- Assist with developing and measuring marketing stimuli (A/B and multi-variant) test results in collaboration with brand planning, creative, media, and technology teams to build robust marketing and advertising strategies and in-market programs for clients
- Package and present analytical findings and communicate (both written and verbal) complex concepts to Sr. Client teams and internal teams.
Requirements: Four-year degree is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Statistics, Economics, Business, Marketing or other quantitative discipline
- Less than 2 years of work experience in a professional services environment: management consulting, market research, advertising, or interactive/technology consulting
- Experience with analytics and data visualization tools likes Google Analytics, Omniture, DFA, Crimson Hexagon, Tableau
- Fluent in using Microsoft Excel for data manipulation, analysis, and charting. Experience automating routine Excel tasks using macros/VBA preferred.
- Knowledge and application of data extraction and statistical software such as SQL, SAS and/or others.
- Critical thinking- capable of generating consistently accurate, useful reports as well as a enthusiasm for translating data into actionable insight relevant to marketing program objectives
- Attention to detail and time management to deliver high quality work for multiple projects across several client engagements while meeting deadlines
- Balances desire for quantitative rigor with realities of inconsistent business data