Content Marketing Manager
Job Title: Content Marketing Manager
Location: New York
The Content Marketing Manager is responsible for executing content strategies, from planning and creating content through optimizing and amplifying it. The position works closely with Strategy, Search, UX and other teams to develop multidisciplinary content plans with the goal of producing outstanding content that is highly sharable, drives traffic to owned media properties and ultimately increases revenue for clients.
The ideal candidate possesses a mix of creativity and strategic thinking alongside excellent writing and editing skills.
Key Job Functions
- Develop strategic content plans that include audience development, competitive landscape analysis, content ideation, and amplification strategy.
- Write original and compelling content with the goal of improving brand awareness, website traffic, social sharing, leads and conversions.
- Bring innovative, inspiring and award-winning thinking to Profero clients to ensure we retain and grow the business.
- Report on content performance in a manner that is meaningful and actionable.
- Manage third party content partnerships and oversee blogger outreach initiatives.
- Provide content quality and consistency control.
- Assist in new business pitches.
Skills and Experience
- Expert in all things related to content marketing.
- Experience planning and executing multidisciplinary content strategies across owned media, social media, paid media and CRM.
- Ability to quickly identify content that will perform online and articulate why.
- Strong track record in achieving performance metrics, including traffic growth, social sharing, link acquisition, email sign ups and conversions.
- Deep understanding of content execution, including managing content calendars, guiding clients through approval processes and publishing content on various platforms
- Experienced in storytelling in a variety of formats and an understanding of how to create content that draws an audience and starts a conversation.
- Managed a content marketing budget and is comfortable proving ROI through analytics.
- Experience managing a team of in-house or freelance writers and can ensure a high standard of content quality.
- Demonstrated great collaboration skills working closely with designers, copywriters, developers, SEO practitioners and other disciplines.
- Knowledge and experience optimizing content for SEO and social media and publishing content on CMS's.
- Solid analytical abilities with ability to analyze and report on content performance.
- Basic understanding of HTML/CSS/Photoshop for optimizing content is a plus.
- Agency experience a plus.
- Expert in writing, grammar, and style; exceptional editing skills.
- Great presentation skills.