Location: New York
The Art Director will partner with Lowe Profero creative directors, art director, designers, copywriters and strategists to develop concepts and copy across a wide variety of media and project types. The ideal candidate will have experience collaborating on both original online campaigns and creating the visual look and narrative of complex, large-scale websites, mobile applications and other digitally enabled executions. Because of the high degree of attention to detail required, experience across alcohol, fashion/beauty and technology brands art direction is an advantage in this role.
Demonstrates world-class execution of innovative and effective digital communications and narrative experiences across all digital platforms. Is proficient at designing using a variety of digital production tools and environments. Establishes art direction, style, and tone of communications. Proposes and delivers world-class executions of innovative interface design across all digital platforms. Idea generation. Leads by example to inspire creative colleagues to create pioneering ideas for world-class solutions. Is able to analyze problems, anticipate consequences, and eliminate obstacles to successfully complete projects.
Is able to assess the needs of projects, creating a design workflow that fits the timeframe and team. Takes personal responsibility for on-time deliverables and expertly crafted visualizations and production graphics that comply with client style guides and standards. Mentors junior writing and production staff. Assists the Creative Director in managing a design staff as well as supervising production people, photographers, illustrators, printers, etc.
Helps evolve the creative teams art direction process by proactively researching and pursuing best practices.
- An excellent portfolio showcasing digital work samples (Auto experience is a plus)
- A minimum of five years' experience in graphic design and/or advertising; digital and/or traditional sector
- Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in graphic design from a four-year university or a two-year portfolio school
- Detailed knowledge of the agency studio/creative department process
- Exceptional design aesthetic, variations on styles, and awareness of design trends and innovation
- Expert proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash), expert knowledge in MS
- Office programs (Word, PowerPoint), and expert knowledge Apple Keynote and Pages
- Solid typography skills
- Ability to use animation programs (Flash, After Effects, etc.) is a huge plus
- Proven ability to create concepts and designs for a variety of audiences, brands, and industries
- Familiarity with SEO requirements
- An appreciation for the relationship between textual and visual elements
- An appreciation for great design in general
- Ability to write professionally in a variety of styles for diverse audiences
- Understands the technical possibilities and limitations of web development
- Demonstrated ability to work independently when necessary
- Impeccable organization skills including file structure, file management, and archiving
- Ability to work efficiently on multiple projects to meet tight deadlines
- Experience following brand guidelines and specs
- Exceptional communication skills